Zoom for Education
Helping to build today’s collaborative classrooms
Please Note: Zoom for Education requires a minimum of 20 hosts.
Modern learning for the modern student
Zoom helps universities and schools improve student outcomes with secure video communication services for hybrid classrooms, office hours, administrative meetings, and more.
Video communications for today’s collaborative classrooms
- Enrich teaching and learning: Expand traditional classrooms with video communications to meet the needs of today’s students.
- Maximize school resources: Utilize resources and hardware you already have to expand your capabilities and educational offerings.
- Improve student learning outcomes: Increase student participation and learning retention with virtual and hybrid classrooms and micro-learning.
Zoom in the classroom
- HD Video and Audio: Exceptional clarity and quality for virtual and hybrid classes.
- Security and compliance: Zoom enables FERPA/HIPAA compliance and provides end-to-end 256-bit encryption.
- Session recording and transcription: Record classes and lessons to allow students to learn at their own pace.
- Enhanced collaboration features: One-click content sharing, real-time co-annotation, and digital whiteboarding.
- Integrates seamlessly with LMS: Zoom supports integrations with Moodle, Canvas, Desire2Learn, Sakai, and Blackboard.
- Accessibility for all learners: Ensure that everyone can participate equitably with closed captioning and keyboard shortcuts.
Student engagement and learning
Virtual tutoring, advising, career counseling, office hours, study hall, and mentoring give students opportunities to learn beyond the classroom.
Virtual and hybrid classes
Enhance and expand classes with powerful collaboration tools, including video breakout rooms, multi-sharing, polling, and group chats. Attendance and attention tracking shows teachers know who’s engaged in online learning. Create and repurpose video content into easily-digested hosted videos that allow students to learn at their own pace.
Campus and school district communications
Cost efficient cloud conference room connectors allow administrative staff and faculty across the school and/or district to meet face-to-face for better alignment and clarity.
Emergency preparedness and system-wide notifications
Connect dispersed schools and campuses for important announcements, safety information, and events via audio and video.