The future of scoring
Dorico is the scoring software for the 21st century. It helps you write, print and play back music notation to the highest professional standards. Created by the world experts, Dorico combines the finest engraving of the last millennium with the cutting-edge technology of the next. The result: a masterpiece of design that musicians will be using for decades to come.
- Best automatic notation and engraving of any software
- Easy note input
- Clear user interface
- Excellent results by default — saves time
- Intelligently adjusts notation as you write
- Any number of movements or pieces in a single project
- Stunning playback — nearly 1500 sounds included
- Sequencer-style piano roll MIDI editor
- DTP page layout
- Unbarred music, tuplets across barlines, microtonality, etc. all handled correctly — no workarounds
- 3000-plus symbol music font
- Transfer to and from other programs via MusicXML, MIDI, PDF, etc.
- Supports VST 3 virtual instruments and effects processors (30 included)
Why use music notation software?
Using notation software, also called scoring or scorewriting software, speeds up the process of writing music and getting it performed and published. It enables musicians to compose, arrange or just write out music, and produce printouts and audio files to play, or publish online. Professional engravers, copyists and publishers use it to produce scores for publication and performance. Notation software also helps students learn and use the
complex language of music notation.