LightWave™ 3D® 2015
LightWave 2015 is the latest iteration of the world’s easiest and most reliable 3D software. LightWave 2015 provides the tools that you need to solve your animation and design challenges with numerous new workflow enhancements and features designed to streamline your creative process. Top studios to independent artists around the world all agree, some jobs are impossible to deliver with any other 3D package. When faced with tight deadlines and overly complex pipelines, you can count on LightWave 2015 to deliver. LightWave 2015 makes the impossible possible for all kinds of projects with its direct and robust workflow. Whether visual effects, motion graphics, game development, architectural visualization, product design or advertising, simplify your creative process with LightWave 2015.
Enhancements and Feature Improvements:
64-Bit QuickTime Support:
Quicktime is now available to those using 64-bit versions of LightWave. Now, loading and saving QuickTime movies is as easy as using any other file format LightWave supports.
Falloffs in Modeler now offer Texture Editor support, allowing you to use any image, procedural or gradient to affect your modeling operations.
Per Surface Clip Maps:
Clip maps were always available on a per-object basis, now in addition to object based, per-surface based clip maps are now available both in the layered Surface Editor and Node based surfacing.
Overscan cameras without affecting the zoom factor. This allows you to render extra areas by specifying either pixels or a percentage of the original frame size.
VPR Alpha Channel Rendering:
VPR now renders alphas, and can be saved when using file formats that support alpha channels.
Spline Control Improvements:
Modeler splines can now be converted for use with spline control, allowing you to use Modeler to accurately place your spline paths.
Enhanced 3DConnexion Support:
3D input can now be customized for the way you work. 2D and 3D viewports can be set up to operate uniquely, with complete control over any input axis. It also includes different modes for navigating in either first person or model view.
Updates to LightWave’s already robust interchange toolset include: Alembic 1.5, FBX 2015, Unity 5, GoZ Multi-Tool Support.
Motion Blur for Displaced Geometry in VPR:
VPR now supports motion blur on deformed geometry, allowing you to preview your renders closer to final render.
Includes a new comprehensive API in the SDK that allows third-party renderers to utilize FiberFX data in their rendering engines.
With every release of LightWave, many aspects of workflow are addressed, these often come directly from talking with our users. Here are some of the notable improvements.
- Global MipMapping Toggle
- Multi-Selection Awareness in Scene Editor for View, Active and Lock
- Multi-Viewport VPR
- Double-Click to Deselect in Modeler
- Viewport Layout Sub-Menu accessible from Viewports
- Morph Mode HUD
- Multi-Select Key Copy/Paste in DopeTrack
- Image Editor Search and Filtering Options
- Independent Viewport Cameras and Lights
- Improved Advanced Save Dialog Panel
- Load-from-Scene Search and Rename Functions
- Image Viewer Copy to Clipboard
- Mouse Wheel Zooming in Modeler
- Multi-Layer Support For Many Modeler Tools
- Multi-Selection Aware VMap Panel
- Falloff Improvements in Modeler
- Improved Search in Edit Menus, Edit Keys and Plugins Panels
- Double-Click to Add Keys in Graph Editor
- Improved Graph Editor Key Drag Copying
- Easy Setup for Background Image Compositing
- Distribute All Axis Added to Layout
- VPR Refreshing Improvements
- Improved Slider Drawing
- Graph Editor Prev/Next Key Shortcuts Consistent with Layout