Introducing the most technically sophisticated and durable headphone ever manufactured by Califone. This Titanium™ series Mac & PC compatible stereo headphone will help optimize differentiated learning experiences with breakthroughs in safety, performance, comfort and durability.
Headphones used in classrooms or libraries are constantly handled and worn throughout the school week. To keep it in top condition, the HPK-1000 is the first of its kind that can be completely immersed in soap and water (after its cord has been detached) for washing! Once cleaned and thoroughly dried, simply reconnect the body to its replaceable cord and the Titanium headphone is ready for reuse.
Built to help students not only learn content material, the HPK-1000 is also designed to teach them about appropriate volume listening levels when using a headphone. By integrating Sentinel Technology™ into the cord, the volume playback level is restricted to the ASHA-recommended maximum of 85 decibels for safe listening practices (this feature can be disarmed for students with special needs).
In addition to filtering the audio volume, the HPK-1000 helps students focus more effectively on the task at hand by blocking the highest amount of ambient (external) noise of any passive headphone which Califone has ever offered.
School budgets can't afford equipment that won't last the entire year or cause lost learning time, and that's why the HPK-1000 is built using more rugged ABS plastic (even its cord is thicker than previous models). But longer lasting doesn't automatically mean student comfort, which is why the ear cushions have also been upgraded to be just as long lasting, but feel softer without the accumulated clammy feeling which can come after prolonged use.
- Softer, more comfortable ear cushions
- Comfort strap for longer wearability
- Adjustable headstrap rugged enough for daily classroom use
- Earcups offer the highest passive ambient noise rejection, effectively blocking external distractions to keep students on task
- Detachable 6' cord is thicker than previous models
- In-line volume control, LED light is green when the cord is plugged into the computer and red when the Sentinel switch is turned on
- USB 2.0 connectivity
- Protective slotted baffles guard against perforation of the speakers
- First washable headphone for easy cleaning