JourneyEd.com knows how expensive it is to be a student, teacher or parent of a student. To help with those costs, we offer discounts of up to 85% on the software you need.
These low prices are made possible by educational discounts that you qualify for as part of the Academic Community. To qualify, simply send us a copy of your school ID or one of these other documents.
To receive your order as quickly as possible, follow these steps:
- Add the item(s) you would like to purchase to your cart.
- Complete your order online
- Reference your order number and email, fax or electronically upload one of the accepted academic documents to us.
It typically takes us less than a business day to process your documents, and you will not be charged until after you have been approved. If there is any problem with the documents we receive we will notify you.
Visit our order status page to check on the progress of your order.
If you have any questions about this process please contact us.
A : Academic Status
- We are authorized to sell products to academic customers within the United States. We cannot accept orders from international or APO addresses.
- Most orders require proof of academic status to qualify for academic pricing. See: http://www.journeyed.com/eligibility
- Several manufacturers allow home school families and non profit organizations to purchase under their academic program, please see the eligibility link on our website for details.
- Academic status requirements are set by each manufacturer. Special qualifications are provided for each product on the JourneyEd.com website. You can find academic status requirements by clicking on the product description for any product on our website.
- Orders are placed on hold until proof of academic status has been received and approved by JourneyEd.com.
- Customers are responsible for providing acceptable proof of academic status via their online account, college student instant verification (eligible schools only), email or fax. JourneyEd.com assumes no liability for delays incurred while waiting for acceptable proof of academic status from our customers.
- Academic status documents are usually processed within 1 business day, excluding weekends and holidays.
- Typically proof of academic status is good for 12 months and must only be submitted once per year.
B : Payment Terms
- For personal orders we accept credit cards (Amex, Visa, MasterCard, Discover)
- Credit card orders are not charged until the product ships. Cards are authorized when orders are placed to verify funds availability. Customers using debit cards should check with their bank to determine how funds will be processed.
- For schools we accept purchasing orders (Net 30), purchase cards (p-cards), school checks and money orders.
- School purchase orders must have payment terms of Net 30 to be processed.
C : Product Availability
- Product availability is usually visible on the product description page of our website. If no product availability is displayed the item is special order and usually takes 1-2 weeks before it ships.
- We cannot guarantee product availability at the time your order is placed. Inventory availability may change between the time an order is placed and the time we receive both acceptable academic status and an acceptable payment method from each customer.
- Products are not allocated for your order until proof of verification and an approved payment method have been accepted.
- Products, which are not in stock, usually ship within 1-3 business days of receipt of your order.
- At times we will offer pre-sales of new products that are not yet available from the manufacturer. We will attempt to communicate the best estimate of product availability provided by the manufacturer. Please be aware these estimates are often subject to change and further delay by the manufacturer.
D : Shipping
- Our standard method of shipping is Ground service.
- Shipping times quoted are based upon typical Ground delivery timeframes. Shipping times may vary during peak shipping periods.
- Shipping services are for delivery during normal weekday business hours - Monday through Friday.
- Estimated shipping times may be affected by delays in receiving acceptable academic status and payment information from the customer.
- All orders are shipped F.O.B. Austin, Texas.
- Packages left without a required signature are the responsibility of the customer.
- We do not ship to PO boxes, international addresses, or APO addresses.
- Shipping charges are determined by destination, weight, and size of the package.
- Next Day and 2nd Day shipping services are available at an additional charge.
- For customers located in Alaska and Hawaii we do not offer ground service. Packages will be shipped via the lowest cost air service available.
E : Cancellations
- Orders cancelled prior to shipment incur no charges.
- Shipments, which are refused or returned by the recipient, will be credited 80% of their initial purchase price. Not including shipping and handling costs incurred.
- Orders cannot be cancelled after shipment. Customers must call for a Return Merchandise Authorization before returning any shipments. (See Return Policy)
F : Return Policy
- All returns must have a pre-approved Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number from JourneyEd.com.
- To obtain an RMA number, please call our Order Status desk at 1-800-876-3507.
- Products returned without an RMA number will be refused and returned to the customer.
- Unopened items may be returned within 30 days of delivery for a product refund minus the cost of shipping.
- Opened, installed, or registered products are not eligible for return, unless first determined to be defective by the manufacturer's customer support.
- Customers returning products will incur all shipping charges to receive and return products.
- Defective products may be exchanged for the same product within 30 days of delivery.
- Defective product outside the 30 days of delivery or any opened items are subject to the manufacturer's warranty and dealt with directly through the manufacturer's customer service team
- We will pay return shipping costs within 30 days of delivery for defective or damaged products, and items received as a direct result of our error.
- Certain products are not eligible for return at any time.
- Volume Licensing orders and Electronic Software Downloads are non-returnable and non-refundable at any time
G : Warranty
- All product warranty and customer support are provided directly by the manufacturer and not JourneyEd.com.
H : Bids / Quotes
- Schools and Institutions requiring special bids, quotes, and volume discounts should contact their Account Manager, or our School and Institutional sales team at 800.876-3507. (You can submit a quote request here: http://www.journeyed.com/quote/schools).
- We will return most quotes within 2 hours and bids within 1 business day.
- Quotes are good for 30 days from the date created unless otherwise specified in writing on the actual quote.