Based on Google Earth and Geocaching (the exciting GPS adventure where players find real-life, hidden “treasures”), the innovative activities in this book will introduce, reinforce, and enrich concepts taught in life, earth, and physical sciences. Lessons include teaching procedures, standards alignments, student activity sheets, product samples, answer keys, and lesson extensions. Each lesson is customizable by modifying the files on the included CD-ROM. Grades 5-8
• Motivate your students with real-life, problem-solving scenarios.
• Bring the sights, sounds, and information of the world to your students.
• Students travel the world, collecting and analyzing information to solve real-world problems.
• Engage students in highly motivating “treasure” hunts to acquire science skills and knowledge.
• Invigorate your lessons with trips around the world.
• Tap into billion dollar military satellite technology to teach your students science concepts.
Scientific tools, methods, and safety
• Skeletal and digestive systems
• Biomes, population density, and food webs
• Rocks and minerals, earthquakes, landforms, continental divide, watersheds, and volcanoes
• Cellular organelles and DNA structure
• Energy sources
• Heart rate investigation
• Velocity and speed
• Many others in all branches of science
Aligned to ISTE and NSES standards
• Multimedia resources
• Interactive Geocaching activities
• Customized Google Earth files
• Comprehensive teacher instructions
• Lesson plan extensions
• Answer keys and sample student projects
Click on the links below to view samples of this book.