Features faster-than-wireless speeds and easy connectivity. The Plugable USB 2.0 to 10/100 Network Adapter adds a Fast Ethernet (RJ45) capable port to any supported system. It uses the ASIX AX88772 chipset for widest possible compatibility. Note the adapter is not for network enabling USB devices, rather it's the other way around - it's a USB device that adds a fast wired network interface to supported computers, consoles, and mobile devices running network-capable operating systems. The unit features a compact external design. Two LEDs monitor power and link activity. Powered by USB (no external power adapter needed).
- Add a fast wired network interface. Supports Windows, Mac, Wii, Wii U, Linux, ChromeOS, Android (ASUS TF200, TF300, TF700) and with the majority of rooted ROMs (for example Cyanogen mod)
- Full 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet performance over USB 2.0's 480 Mbps bus--faster than most wireless connections
- ASIX AX88772 chipset. RJ-45 network port for any 10/100 Mbps network. Link and Activity LEDs. USB powered.
- Windows 10, 8.1/8 and Surface Pro have built-in support. Windows 7, Vista, XP supported by Windows Update, disk, and download. Drivers built in to Mac OS X Lion 10.7 and newer, Linux kernel 2.6.35 and newer, Wii, Wii U, ChromeOS, and some other systems. Windows RT (Surface) Not Supported
- Note for Windows 10 users: Windows 10 includes the device driver for this Ethernet adapter, and no need to install any driver