The Plugable USB3-E1000 is an easy way to gain wired gigabit network speeds for faster HD video streaming, gaming, web browsing, network storage and more.
Common uses include adding wired gigabit network support to Macbooks, UltraBooks, or notebooks with no Ethernet connection, or replacing or upgrading network adapters in desktop PCs. USB network adapters can improve speeds vs. older 10/100 adapters and wireless networks. Also useful for adding network interfaces, and transferring files peer-to-peer over Ethernet. This product is NOT a solution for connecting a USB device like a printer to a network.
- Upgrade to wired gigabit speeds via USB. Fastest USB 3.0 + Gigabit solution
- Automatic driver installation via Windows Update on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and XP
- OS X driver download available for 10.6 and newer. Functionality built into Linux kernel from 3.9 onward (compile required for 2.6 - 3.8)
- Not limited by USB 2.0 bandwidth. Practical speeds over 600 Mbps on USB 3.0 and Gigabit network. Not recommended for use with Lenovo Yoga 2 or 3 due to issues with their USB 3.0 controllers. IPv4/IPv6 checksum offload engine, crossover detection and auto-correction, TCP large send offload and IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet. Max 4K jumbo frames.
- We love our Plugable products and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1-year limited parts and labor warranty and Seattle-based email support.