GO! with Microsoft Outlook 2010 Comprehensive
Item Number: 1513013
Manufacturer Part Number: 9780132791281
Teach the course YOU want in LESS TIME!
The primary goal of the GO! Series, aside from teaching computer applications, is ease of implementation, with an approach that is based on clearly-defined projects for students and a one of a kind supplements package.
Project-Based Approach: GO!’s project-based approach clusters the learning objectives around the projects, rather than around software features. Overall, this approach teaches students to solve real problems as they practice and learn the features.
- Texts are now organized by student learning outcomes and numbered objectives and as always, there are two instructional projects per chapter
- Students learn important concepts at the teachable moment, with explanatory text woven right into the steps of the project
- NEW! Each Project Opening Page clearly outlines Project Activities (what the student will do in this project), Project Files (what starting files are needed, and what their file(s) will be saved as), and Project Results (what their finished project will look like)
Designed for ease of use for students: Based on professor and student feedback, this text has been designed to provide clear student comprehension.
- Clear Instruction: The steps of each project are written following Microsoft® Procedural Syntax, directing students first on where to go, then what to do when performing tasks
- Clean Design: The pages of the GO! textbook are clean and uncluttered, with lots of screenshots for visual learners
- Sequential Pagination: Pages in the GO! textbooks are numbered sequentially, like every other textbook the student is using, instead of using letters or abbreviations
- NEW! Objectives now include page references indicating where each objective is covered
- Another Way: This boxed feature provides students with alternative methods of completing tasks. NEW! These boxes are presented in the margin instead of right in line with the steps of the project to avoid confusion
- Steps are color-coded by project and are provided to guide the students throughout
- End-of-Project Icon provides students with a clearly identifiable end point for each project, useful in self-paced or online environments
- Student Videos and Podcasts offer students multimedia tools to help them learn the material covered in the chapter
Designed for ease of implementation for instructors: The GO! series’ one of a kind instructional system provides you with everything you need to prepare for class, teach the material, and assess your students.
- Transition Guide – The authors have made it quick and easy to plan the format and activities for class.
- Syllabus Template – Includes course calendar planner for 8-, 12-, and 16-week formats.
- Assignment Sheet – One per chapter that lists all possible assignments.
- File Guide to the GO! Supplements – Tabular listing of all supplements and their file names.
- Assignment Planning Guide – Description of the GO! assignments with recommendations based on class size, delivery mode, and student needs.
- Student Data Files – Examples of homework submissions to serve as examples for students.
- PowerPoints – Slides that feature key points of each chapter.
- Online Study Guide for Students – Interactive objective-style questions based on chapter content.
Annotated Instructors Edition – Includes the entire student text, spiral-bound and wrapped with teaching notes, annotations, troubleshooting tips, etc.
- Chapter Dividers clearly outline the resources per chapter by activity level: Prepare, Teach, Assess. NEW! These now include even more useful tools for instructors:
Expand the Projects
Ethical Discussion Topics
Web 2.0 Projects
- Instructor File Guide lists all of the Student Data Files and instructor solution files needed for the chapter
- End of Chapter Concepts Assessments contain the answers for quick reference
- Rubric from the student text is included in the AIE with suggested weights for each of the criteria and levels of performance
- Scripted Lectures are provided to the instructor which mirror the A & B projects in each chapter and can be used for in-class instruction
- Student Videos accompany each A and B project to provide students with a multimedia version of the chapter
- Assignment Tags are scoring checklist for each assignment, including the GO! Think (formerly Problem-Solving) projects.
- Point-Counted Production Tests (PCPT’s) – A cumulative exam for each project, chapter, and application that is easy to score using the provided checklist with suggested points for each task.
- Solution Files are available in the application and in PDF format
- Annotated Solution Files are designed to help instructors very quickly and easily grade assignments
- Test Bank – This test-generating program allows instructors to add, edit, or delete questions from the test bank; analyze test results; and organize a database of exams and student results.
to write a review.
Copyright © JourneyEd.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.