Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Upgrade
Work anywhere more easily and securely
If you use your PC for work, you'll want Windows 7 Professional. It can help you be more productive and protect the critical information you need to work with. Many routine tasks just take a couple of clicks, so you can spend less time setting up projectors, printers, and networks. Enhanced backup options can help you protect your hard work with automatic backups to your home or business network. And with Windows XP Mode, you can use most of your Windows XP programs in Windows 7.
Work anywhere easier
Find and connect to networks in just three clicks.
Automatically connect to your preferred network printer with location-aware printing.
Give presentations more professionally with easy projector connection and special display settings.
Keep using most business programs with Windows XP Mode.
Work more securely
Help safeguard your work with automatic backups, including network backups.
File encryption can help keep confidential information secure on PCs with more than one user.
Assistance features, such as Windows Troubleshooting, reduce the need for outside support.
Use Problem Steps Recorder to create training tools or to document problems requiring outside support.
Relax a little
Not sure which Windows 7 Edition is right for you?
Why buy Windows 7 Professional
We designed Windows 7 Professional to help you work anywhere more easily and more securely—whether that means staying put in an office, running your small business, or going mobile with your laptop. Here's how:
1. Work from anywhere - With Windows 7 Professional, your laptop can remember your preferred printer on each network you use—no more manual switching. Setting your laptop up for a presentation is a breeze, so you can always put your best foot forward. And since Windows 7 manages power more efficiently and connects to wireless networks faster, it's easier than ever to work on the go.
2. Use Windows XP programs - Most programs designed for Windows XP work fine in Windows 7. For those that don't, Windows 7 Professional has a solution: Windows XP Mode. This free download, which works only with the Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions of Windows 7, can run Windows XP programs in a separate window right on your Windows 7 desktop.
3. Safeguard your work - All editions of Windows 7 come with improvements to Backup and Restore for a "set it and forget it" approach to backing up your files and folders. With Windows 7 Professional, you can also back up files, folders, and even drives to a network—and file encryption can help keep confidential information secure on PCs with more than one user.
4. Be more productive - With Windows 7 Professional, you can think less about technology and more about getting things done. Performance improvements and a redesigned desktop help you get more done in less time. It's simple to connect to domains and access offline files on a network even when you're not online.
5. Have some fun - Just because you use your PC for work doesn't mean you have to sacrifice play. When it's time for a break, you'll enjoy on-demand Internet TV, the unbelievably realistic game graphics of DirectX 11, and all the audio-visual goodness that comes with Windows Media Center—like the ability to watch, pause, and record live TV—and Windows Media Player.