Carrara 8 (Electronic Software Delivery)
Please Note: Once the order has been processed, this product is nonreturnable.
Now you can enjoy figure posing, modeling, landscape design, rigid and soft-body dynamics, animation and rendering all within a single application at an affordable price. Add a whole new dimension to your 3D art and animation with Carrara.
What's Included and Features
- NEW Multi-Threading for MAC and WIN OS - Spread the load on your CPU intensive calculations.
- NEW Improved COLLADA Data Exchange - Take rigged and animated models straight into your favorite game engines, like UnityTM, and see how rich your experience can be with your own, or any of DAZ 3D's existing content options. Also, import from a variety of popular formats and/or export your work to and from other packages including LightWave, Adobe After Effects, 3DS, LWO, PSD, and more.
- NEW Plant & Vegetation Improvements - Add custom models and textures for unique leaves, flowers, fruit and more. You can also use a variety of different leaf objects per plant for natural variation.
- NEW Render Time Optimizations - Get more than 200%* improvement in performance when rendering complex scenes using your high-end MAC or Windows system.
- NEW God Rays and Barn Doors - Harness the creative force of god rays and the control of barn doors as you design superior lighting for your scenes. The Light Lab also features robust control over lighting direction, intensity, and tinting from one or more sources to ensure a more accurate production of real-world environments.
- NEW Normal Maps - View normal maps both in real-time display and at rendertime.
- NEW Puppeteer for Carrara - You asked for it, and you got it. Introducing Puppeteer for Carrara. This tool contains everything as seen in DAZ Studio and has been fully integrated for use with any Carrara animation project.
- Rendering Options - Achieve a new level of realism in your scenes with Soft Shadows, Blurred Reflections, Blurred Transmission, True Ambient Lighting, Caustics, Global Illumination, Ambient Occlusion, HDRI, Motion Blur, Subsurface Scattering, Shadow Catch, Transparency with Absorption, Depth of Field, and more.
- Particles and Physics - Enjoy a robust particle system, collision detection, and a rigid-body physics engine which is remarkably fast.
- Vertex and Symmetrical Modeling - Streamline the modeling process in both the "Modeling" and "Assembly" rooms. Ideal for creating and editing anything from characters to vehicles and more. This feature allows users to edit both sides of a symmetrical object at the same time.
- Figure Content LOD Support - Includes support for Content Figures that have multiple Levels of Detail (LOD).
- Non-Linear Animation Track Groups - Using Carrara for creating animations? This merge track tool will provide an improved interface to create groups of tracks then collapse or expand the tracks in those groups.
- Animation and Web Capabilities - Create Web animations, generate thumbnail images, preview them in storyboard format, and create virtual tours using QuickTime.
- Dynamic Hair - With the Dynamic Hair and fur modeling/simulation feature, you can paint, cut, brush and shade hair to bring your images to realistic life --- and do it with the greatest of ease.
- Image-Editing Tools - Import 2D images from a variety of formats, transform them into 3D objects, then incorporate them into your scenes.
- Landscape Creation and Presets with the Landscape Wizard - Quickly and easily produce remarkably realistic landscapes, impressive fantasy worlds, and other dynamic scenes. Also included are presets for terrains, waters, skies, rocks, clouds, fog, and more.
- Intuitive User Interface - Take advantage of handy palettes to create and edit objects, design scenes and render final images quickly and easily.
- Texture Editor - Easily import, create and edit texture presets, then save them as new textures for future use.
- Morph Creation - Allows you to utilize Carrara's great modeling tools to make your own custom morph targets and easily save them as a parameter slider within your existing figure.